Google is a major player in the AI game if not the best without competition. but, at the same time, they have some very famous apps that are just not up to the normal standard qualities.
Yes! I might be exaggerating a bit. but, surely you’ll agree with most if not all the things I’m going to mention below.
Well, how to put this in words... 🤔
For a major company who claims to be the Godfather of Android, they don’t know how to do proper apps 🤷♂ 🤷♀
Dear reader, I won’t waste your time any further. let us dig into those issues.
YouTube Videos App
(doesn't have as many issues as YoutubeMusic)
- Download Videos to watch offline (love it esp. when I’m flying)
- Gives access to Youtube Originals (which is something like series that are on youtube with seasons/episodes and all)
- Background play (esp. if you’re watching a conference while commuting)
- You get also ads-free on YouTube (regardless of the bug)
- They sent me a Google Nest for every user that is in my Familly plan (which was a good bonus I’d say!)
- Once you open a video they spam you with everything similar (ok level)
- Shared playlists with youtube music. Not funny! esp. that they make the last one that you’ve saved to in YouTube Music app to be the default save to in Videos then you can press a button to change the destination from a small bottom of screen bar confirmation they show.
- Last but not least, the Support isn’t that good. I spent a lot of time trying to explain a problem I have and them asking for more and more details every time that I’ve eventually given up.